January 28th, 2016
Fall Trend Alert: Cropped Sweaters
Cropped and loaded with style, this season’s tops are weighted far heavier on the style than on length. Equal parts retro nostalgia and fun, Summer’s crop of shortened top layers are popping up in Fall styles, complete with chunky knits & dolman sleeves. Love the style, but don’t want to re-visit your middle school fashion faux-pas? Read on for ideas on how to wear cropped length tops without looking like you might get your hand stuck in a honey pot at any given moment.
How to wear Fall’s cropped sweater trend…
– Pair a cropped top with a maxi skirt for a fun play on lengths.
– Add some length with longer, fitted layers for a looks that’s more fashion than flirt.
– Go heavy on the sole. Work boots and chunky wedges have found their niche with 90’s length tops.
– High rise denim ditches nay lingering resemblance to mom jeans when offset by a flirty cropped silhouette on top. It’s a match made in…the 70’s.
– Take your summer body-con dress into fall by layering a cropped sweater over the top
– Own it…rock out with your crop out.
Shop the Trend: Crop TopsThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.