February 11th, 2016
Behind the Scenes Makeup Tips from Today’s Photo Shoot
Get the Swell model look with these makeup tips from our makeup artist Rene.
Although we fully believe that beauty is on the inside, it never hurts to add a little illuminating powder to bring it out from time to time! Our makeup artist Rene was nice enough to share some of her insider secrets on how to get a flawless natural look. Get ready for a pretty good sized list…apparently even Swell models need a little liner-love to be camera ready!
The full deal:
1. Start with a light moisturizer- Garnier Skin Renew Moisturizer
2. Add a solid foundation: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
3. Conceal: Apply Smashbox High Def Concealer under eyes
4. Color: Add Shiseido Gold Lights Eyeshadow to lids, followed by Mac Paradisco and a light shade like Smashbox Flirt at inner corners to widen the eyes.
5. Define: Line top and bottom with a dark copper liner, like CK Ultimate Edge in Cocoa Sheer. Add a coat of black mascara, Rene uses L’Oreal Voluminous mascara, for some added drama.
7. Illuminate: Light up your look with a highlighting liquid- Giorgio Armani Radiant Pigments.
8. Lips: Brush on a natural lip color and a little gloss.
9. Bronze: Add a final touch of color with a little bronzer- Laura Mercier Bronzer.
Don’t have time for full shebang?
We asked Rene to pick out one essential shouldn’t be left behind….a good foundation.