August 28th, 2015
Makeup: Quick Fixes from Makeup Artist Stacey Tan
Ask the Expert.
We asked SWELL Hair/Makeup artist, Stacey Tan for a few hair + makeup tips for busy days…
Stacey’s 5-Minute Fixes:
Jumping out of bed and getting ready on the fly happens a lot in the Summer, and you gotta have your go-to routine down!
1. If my hair is playing nice, I will add some sea salt spray, scrunch a bit, then use a
curling iron on the frontal pieces to frame the face. (I like to wrap curl the front pieces on
a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, make sure to pull the curl out to make it looser.)
2. Hair Lifesaver, The “Top Knot” : If your hair isn’t in the ideal state to be worn down, pull
out a few “baby hairs” around the face, and viola!
3. The most important part of my makeup routine is the foundation. In a hurry, I’ll apply a
thin layer with a Beauty Blender, spot cover with MAC heavy concealer and blend it out.
Then I’ll apply powder to seal it.
4. Next would be a sweep of bronzer on the temples of the forehead, below cheekbones,
and underneath the chin. Add dash of blush on the apples of cheeks.
5. Fill in brows with Anastasia brow powder in medium ash brown, Curl lashes and add 3
coats of mascara . Spray MAC Fix +.. and done!
Check out more hair / makeup tips HERE