October 9th, 2015
DIY: Hangover Helpers
4th of July celebrations got a little too “independent”? I mean, yeah, me neither.
But in the off case that you DID over-celebrate, we’ve got a few helpful hints to get you back on the beach, and back to living #theSWELLlife. Read on for our top hangover helper tips for your skin and hair and whole body.
#1: HYDRATE + REPLENISH
Thirsty, my friends? Re-hydrate and replenish essential vitamins with this hangover helper green drink.
– Banana (helps replenish potassium and vitamin B6)
– A few spoonfuls of almond butter (contains large amounts of manganese and b2, both of which help in your body’s energy production, which in turn help to loosen the bond between derrières and couch cushions)
– A 1/2 cup or so of almond milk (or whatever type of milk you prefer)
– Large handful of kale (Vitamin C to boost your immune system)
– 1/4 to 1/2 cup plain yogurt (dairy and legumes contain L-cysteine, which many studies have shown help absorb hangover-promoting toxins )
– Vanilla extract (because it tastes good, that’s why)
– Honey to taste
#2: HYDRATE YOUR LOCKS
Sip so many red, white and blue cocktails that even your hair hurts? Hours in the sun, salt water and/or chlorine takes a toll on tresses. Hydrate your parched mane with a blend of the below (bonus – you already have the blender out and ready from your green drink, right?):
– Coconut oil (hydrating)
– Avocado (hydrating + Vitamins A, B, C and E, calcium, iron and potassium)
Blend both up, add to dry hair, then hop out into the sun. The heat will help it soak in, as well as get you away form the sofa.
#3: CAFFEINE SCRUB
Wake up your skin. We’re guessing there will be a pot ‘o coffee or two being brewed somewhere in or around your home. Grab the used grounds, mix with coconut oil, and scrub-a-dub-dub your skin, then rinse off.
Sunburnt? Skip the scrub and find some aloe (straight from the source if you can find it, otherwise, just make sure these is NO ALCOHOL in your bottled variety. It will dehydrate the skin even more).
#4: TAKE A DIP.
Jump in the ocean, pool, or lake. Nature’s #1 hangover cure out there.
(pictured bikini by RVCA Swim)
Check out more: HEALTHY LIVING TIPSThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.