October 9th, 2015
theSWELLlife: Healthy Summer Snack
A Healthy Summer Snack Recipe from the winner of the SWELL Guest Blogger Contest, Kelsey of InspiredSoulBlog…
Summer is finally here meaning longer days and warmer weather! I don’t know about you, but summer is also a time when life gets a little more busy and active. When I have a busy week ahead of me, I like to have healthy snacks on hand because let’s face it, no one wants to be around someone with the hunger grumps! One of my favorite snacks to make is homemade energy balls. This delicious raw snack is made with dates, cashews, dried fruit, and coconut. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, it is and it’s the perfect way to keep your energy levels up so you can keep on going! Here is how you make them:
Read on for the recipe
• 10 Dates
• 3/4 Cup Raw Cashews
• 1/4 Cup Goji Berries or Dried Fruit
• 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
1. Soak dates in warm water for 30 minutes or until soft.
2. Squeeze some of the water out of the dates and remove pits.
3. Process dates in a food processor until ground.
4. Add cashews. Process until ground and the mixture starts to form a loose ball.
5. Add goji berries or dried fruit.
6. Sprinkle coconut on a cutting board or flat surface.
7. Take small pieces of the date/cashew mixture and roll in the coconut to form a ball.
8. Place in airtight container and store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Stay tuned for more from Kelsey next week!
Check out more from #theSWELLlife here