January 28th, 2016
Posts Tagged ‘vacation’
Only have a quick weekend to get away? Luckily the SWELL marketing intern scouted out the best place to have the ultimate stay-cation in Southern California!
Where to stay:
Founded in December of 1926 off the coast of La Jolla, California, the La Valencia hotel is best known for its spacious rooms, decadent restaurants, and breath taking sunsets. The La Valencia is the perfect place to kick your feet up and enjoy the sound of waves crashing on the Pacific coast. Not only does the La Valencia have an itinerary of endless activities and fun including: an ocean view swimming pool, live music, in-suite spa treatments and services; They also have beautiful architecture like the signature hand painted murals.
Vacation Inspiration: Style inspired by places we’ve been, and beaches we’re wishing we were at now.
Today’s Vacation Inspiration comes from Todos Santos, Mexico…
After Monday’s unexpected clouds hovering over our otherwise perfect holiday beach weekend, we were reminded that California weather can be fickle. So we’re dreaming of a place with sunnier skies and (nearly) guaranteed bikini weather: Todos Santos, Mexico.
On the packing list (pictured clockwise from top left):
* Krochet Kids Backpack: Don’t bother bringing a suitcase. Everything you need (a handful of bikinis and a few essentials) should fit into this bag. A bonus: Each unique, crochet piece from Krochet Kids helps to create sustainable economic development programs that support holistic growth of individuals and communities within developing nations.
* Vans Shades: Add a pop of style with a cat eye. And because they’re $12, your vacation won’t be ruined if you lose them in the sand.
* Lace Top: Wear it as a beach cover-up or going out top.
* Straw Hat: Keep the shade off your face and the wind in your hair.
* Shandlas: The sandal/shoe hybrid. Perfect for packing light.
* Element Shorts: A great pair of cut-offs are always on the packing list
* Beach Riot Bikini: Make it a handful of Beach Riot bikinis since this will comprise about 95% of your wardrobe.
…wish we were here!
This week I am jet setting on a surf adventure down to South America with plans to explore the beautiful coastline and cities of Chile. The moment our plane touches down we begin our nonstop endeavor, traveling in a van down the coast of Chile. Not only do we have the opportunity to surf the best waves, but we have also organized events for the locals with the goal of encouraging and helping the people of Chile. We are holding several surf camps and have plans to leave the sand behind for a snowboard trip in the Andes. We are in for some exciting adventures!
It is currently winter in Chile, so this made it a little challenging when packing, as we are in the middle of summer here in SoCal . Luckily I was able to find some awesome styles to throw in my bag, along with other great outfits for everything from beach days with highs of 50 degrees, to snow days with lows of 20 degrees. Read on for the complete packing list… (more…)
Summer is here! And that means long beach days, short shorts, and impromptu weekend road trips! Be ready to pack up and hit the road (in style, of course) with our list of weekend packign essentials:
* Stand-Out Swim: A fun one-piece or tank bikini top doubles as a retro-inspired top.
Pictured: RVCA Swim
* Classic Trucker Hat: Easy-to-pack and perfect for long sunny days.
Pictured: Billabong Trucker Hat
* Layers! Pack a lightweight jacket or sweater for cool nights and sunburn chills. That said, sunblock should be in your bag as well!
Pictured: Billabong Camo Jacket
* Denim Cut-Offs. But that goes without saying.
Pictured: Billabong Denim Shorts
* The Bag: A Lightweight, Heavy Duty Weekender. Choose a bag without structured sides (ie, no rollies – don’t be a trunk space hog here), so you can pack light and gather goodies along the way.
Pictured: Herschel Supply Co. Duffle Bag
* (Not Pictured) Maxi Dress: Always great to have for day or night style.
Want more ideas? Check out more Weekend Essentials