November 27th, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘surf dvds’
To get started:
1. Click the banner above
2. Enter your shipping and billing address (no charges or info will be used)
3. Enter “swell30” in the promotions field
4. Enjoy unlimited access to streaming action sports
5. Continue your monthly account for as low as $4.95 (optional)
So stop waiting for Netflix snail-mail, or hassling with scratched disks, and get psyched for your next session or surf-trip with hundreds of hours of action sports entertainment.
In the spirit of bringing back the fun, we’ve brainstormed a few ideas to curb the holiday hangover.
Top 5 Things To Do During Your Holiday Break…
1. Watch a Surf Film…in 3D
For the price of one 3D movie ticket, you can own the 3D Transworld Surf Flick, Surprise Excitement Party!
Bonus? No sneaking in smuggled corn and tall cans required.
2. Make Your Own 3D Movies
Been there, done that? We’re calling your bluff Mr. One-Upper. Film your work-free week with all the shred sessions, underwater adventures and blackmail footage you can find…in 3D! What you’ll need- a GoPro Hero Camera, a friend with a GoPro, and the GoPro 3D Hero System
4. Shape a Surfboard
If time is on your side, but your bank account is most-certainly not, check out out this How-To Shape a Surfboard DVD by John Carper
5. Extend the Ugly Sweater Tradition
It’d be a shame to hide that knit warlock in your closet for another 364 days…bring back the fun and extend the tradition through the new year.
You already bought him a cordless drill, a universal remote, and a shaving kit…now what?. They rarely ask for new clothes, don’t like to shop, and contently dress in the same outfit/style they’ve worn since high school. So instead of coercing them into a full wardrobe overhaul, follow the SWELL gift guide to upgrade his look with these subtly awesome looks.
1. Casual is king, especially during holidays at home. Anything lined in the popular sherpa faux-fur is perfect for lounging around the neighborhood, watching groms play with their new wheels. Or great to throw on for that frosty dawn surf-check. Swell carries dozens of these toasty threads that he’s sure to put on before unwrapping the next present. See Swell’s sherpa selections here
2. Inspired by true watermen, surfing icons, and pioneers of the sport, Quiksilver’s Waterman Collection brings back the inherent quality of classics. If your man prefers skinny jeans and bling, this isn’t the ticket. This gear embodies the outdoor spirit with new-school function and comfort. Just tell him that Tom Carroll, Peter Mel, and Mark Healy developed this line while exploring the rugged Pacific North West.
3. You can’t fail with surf videos. Every guy still has that teenage nostalgia to get his stoke fix and mind-surf, letting out the occasional terrets-like outbursts. This works especially well for the lady trying to get her man off the couch and into a healthier body-mass index. Just look in the garage to see what kind of board he has, then peruse the video previews of SWELL’s dvd page to see which one fits his style. Still not sure, take a tip from Morgan, SWELL’s gear guru for his top 5 dvd picks here.
4. Lastly, a simple accessory is appropriate for any friend, husband, or partner. A stylish leather Nixon belt can hide that tattered waistband on his favorite pants. Or, upgrade your favorite nephew from a velcro wallet, to a real deal leather pocket book. SWELL has 100s of socks, boxers, shades, hats, and more, so get your stocking stuffers and more before its too late at SWELL.
With so many amateur video segments popping up all over the internet, it can be truly refreshing when you do finally stumble across a good surf flick. While I enjoy me a good browsing of Marine Layer Productions or the occasional grainy live feed from the ‘CT, there is something to be said about popping a DVD into your player and savoring a crisp, high definition production. Fortunately, this year surf video connoisseurs were able to chew on some pretty tasty video titles. From progressive to artistic and postmodern to just plain fun, here are the top 5 flicks that got us frothing and why.
1) Kai Neville – Lost Atlas:
WHY: Two words: Kai Neville. His first project Modern Collective became the undisputed must-have, cult video of modern surfing. Lost Atlas is equally, if not more, impressive than his first. For this film Kai gathered the original 6 Mod Col crew, a handful of other equally impressive surfing maniacs, and let them loose on a free surfing frenzy. The video is a cocktail of big airs and trash talking yarns set to an incredible soundtrack and stunning visuals. If you had to buy 1 DVD this year, this is it.
2) Globe Presents – Year Zero:
WHY: Mad Max meets high performance surfing? Hell yes!! Shot entirely in vivid 35mm film, this one of a kind video features Globe’s impressive surf team tearing up a gritty, post-apocalyptic world. The lifestyle scenes are subtle, yet intoxicatingly vibrant and fun. Plus who doesn’t want to watch Taj and Ceej get barreled with gorgeous ladies in the foreground? Well done Globe!