This is Episode 2 of Destination Taco: a town-to-town expedition of all things cradled in a tortilla and known as a taco. Our second stop brings us to San Clemente – where SWELL has home-field advantage in a town packed with tacos so delicious, I considered moving there. Seriously. I literally fell in love with tacos. Multiple times. As always, I will be rating and awarding each experience accordingly on a scale of 1-5 Cleavers. So let’s get started in this surfside paradise of taco perfection.
Bull Taco has only called San Clemente home for 4 months and hit the ground running with an impressive and affordable menu and atmosphere. I won’t even bother trying to describe this place – it’s just awesome.
- Choice of the Day: Duck, Vegetarian, and Shrimp Bacon Chorizo
- -Best Choice: The Shrimp Bacon Chorizo brings the term “mouthgasm” to mind.
- -Tortilla/Toppings: The tortillas are buttery and toppings are brilliantly thought out.
- Salsa Bar: No salsa bar but they’ve got a great selection of carefully crafted hot sauces
- Perfect Pairing: Pacifico (on draft).
- Suggested Dress Code: Like I said. Laid back: boardshorts, bikinis, & graphic tees
- Wait: Nothing more than a few minutes, if that.
- Taco Tuesday/Happy Hour: Changing the game with Taco Thursday – $1 tacos/$2 beers.
Verdict: This is not some kind of Taco Shop turned test lab. The flavors are carefully crafted and compliment each other beautifully. Hell, even the Vegetarian was good and I hate all that stuff. Simply said, this place will leave you excited to come back again and again.