January 28th, 2016
Posts Tagged ‘rashguard’
XCEL Eco-Ventix Surf Shirts Will Save Your Life Hybrid, UV-Protecting, Breathable, Quick Dry, Eco Friendly, All-Sport Surf Shirts
The innovations at Xcel keep coming, and their new line of sport tops will literally save your hide. Every outdoorsman knows somebody who has suffered from melanoma or a similar cancerous affliction caused by sun exposure, that is why Xcel developed UV-defending alternative to the tight fitting rashguard.
Hawaiian waterman extraordinaire and Xcel ambassador Kaipo Guererro breaks down this core performance attire:
Xcel is based in Haleiwa on the North shore of Oahu, commonly refereed to as “The Proving Grounds” demanding the highest standards in product performance. Since many watermen loath the tight fit of spandex rashguards, an alternative shield from the elements was needed. The quick drying fabric and relaxed fit of surf-shirts has become an essential for surfer looking to travel light and extend their session without worrying about re-applying sun-block.
See the entire selection of Mens Xcel surf tops here
The sport of Stand Up Paddling created a demand for hybrid gear that protects from UV rays and reflections, but won’t overheat. There’s much less bodily contact with the water while SUPing than you’d think, and there’s no place to stash that hoody when that crisp morning gives way to relentless heat. The Hybrid tops have Eco Ventix fabric in high-heat areas like the sleeves and back, while the chest panel is made of high performance rashgruard Lycra. This balance of sun-protection, breath-ability, flex, fit, and quick drying features makes this the best sport top in the world. To top it off, its made from recycled fibers and benefits the Xcel Cancer Foundation!
See the entire selection of Womens surf tops here
4 funny reasons to rock the Eco-Ventix Hybrid Tops
1) Your buddy won’t have to awkwardly rub lotion on your back in public
2) Quick dry fabric hide pit-stains
3) Avoid “lobsteritis” aka being sunburned where you look boiled and squeal when people touch you
4) Avoid the “Brazilian surfboard wax-job” aka when surfing your wax unevenly rips off stomach and chest hairThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Surf Camp -Top Schools and Gear Check out the best surf schools, and get geared up to learn from local legends
Regardless of skill level, no grom-hood is complete without a party-wave filled surf camp. Learning your shrediquette from a legendary local instructor is a crucial step towards parent-free beach days and earning your spot in the line-up. So Listen up parents, even if you dont live by the beach, send your kids to a surf camp. They will return with the confidence and strength that no other recreation provides.
Billabong camps are famous for featuring local pros and epic surf ambassadors to teach the next generation of surfers how to do it in style. Here’s two Bong camps that have been spreading stoke to thousands of aspiring surfers.
Voted as Orange County’s Best Surf Coach (OC Weekly 2011) Stephen “Slidawg” Chew guarantees to get your grommet up on some Hakama peelers. For 20 years the camp has been perched in the epicenter of Laguna’s surf community at Thalia Street where campers have their pick of Reef rights, sandy lefts and shore-break mini-tubes.
1) The camp starts at 9am with some serious instruction about ocean safety from the certified surf instructors.
2) Next the trainees learn the rules of the reef, proper paddling, duck diving and getting to your feet.
3) Softboards and suits are provided, but bringing yours is a good opportunity to get more familiar with your sled.
4) The fun doesn’t stop at the sand, they get daily grinds at a local eatery, and the kids are hooked up with a Billabong backpack filled with swag from the top names in surf. Camp ends at 2pm.
5) Sign up before June 25 and save 20%. (more…)