August 28th, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘pipe masters’
1. With a Solid north swell on tap, the boys on the bubble of qualification/elimination will go for broke in DOH Backdoor.
2. Soak in the Andy Irons memorial celebrations and reflections, including a paddle-out on Saturday morning. Freddy P called his 2003 pipe bout with Slater, “The best heat in surfing history”.
3. Watching Bruce surf his heart out today, after he witnesses the birth of his late brother’s son . He tearfully stated “I’m going to be the father of his child”
4. Listing to everyone heckle the ASP for excluding Julian Wilson for the event, as he sits in second place for triple crown points.
5. Seeing what mutant surfboard Kelly unveils that baffles his competition and challenges the shaping status quo.
Surfers and onlookers agree that the Ehukai beachpark offers the gnarliest vantage point of any venue in the world. So check out the live feed, and watch history roll over the reef.
Get your peice of history here at SWELL, official 2010 Billabong Pipe Masters gear for under $20
Andy Irons joins his Billabong buddy Parko on the injury reserve after Dengue Fever sent him to the hospital shortly after arriving in Puerto Rico. Andy returned to Hawaii hoping to recover from the illness in time to compete in the Pipemasters on Dec.8.
Many considered the two time Rip Curl Search Champ a favorite to win the comp due to his ability to master new breaks in a couple sessions. We wish Andy a speedy recovery.
Puerto Rico declared Dengue Fever an epidemic, with 28 fatalities and 757 confirmed cases this year. As the fastest growing mosquito-born illness in the world, Dangue Fever endangers pasty-skinned surfers traveling in the tropics. Dengue is an incurable virus, meaning you could have malaria-like flare ups throughout your life. Avoid this vacation killer with insect repellent, mosquito nets, long-sleeve shirts, and pants.
Luckily these mosquitoes don’t hang around beaches, so the boys at Middles can eat their Mofungo with ease.
How to Enter:
Follow (via Twitter) coreshopdirect.com‘s surf shop embassador Billy on his journey to Billabong Pipeline Masters. He’ll give a shout-out for every core shop he visits with Billabong Pipeline Masters gear. Just follow him, that’s it. Now you’re entered.
Follow Billy Here
Get the Official Billabong Pipeline Masters (December 8-20) Gear Here