August 28th, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘nixon’
San Diego Guide, Part I: Drink Your Greens A Guide to the Best Of SD by Guest Blogger, Dustin Towery
Living in Southern California means instant access to some of the best Mexican food and sweet potato fries around. But every now and then we need a break. Welcome to the world of cold-pressed juices, kale salads, and juice cleanses. We’re not talking the plug your nose and gulp or the drink cayenne infused water until you feel good kind. Beaming Del Mar has mastered their craft of soaking, pressing, chopping, and peeling their way to a delicious and nutritiously powerful menu. Their Skinny Cooler has a jalapeño kick and the Rockstar smoothie is a post-workout, well rock star. Any given day of the week you can walk in to this superfood mecka and indulge in a healthy, organic snack and watch the hot moms of North County decide if they want a more raw cacao in their smoothie. (more…)Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
The anticipation is over…the Nixon Blaster has arrived. New to the Nixon lineup, the portable Blaster speaker is lightweight, wire-free (Bluetooth), shock & water resistant, and lasts for a full 12 hours on one charge. Needless to say, it’s made to take your tunes on any adventure you can dream up. Read on for the top uses for surf, snow + street… (more…)
Springtime kicks off a nationwide blitzkrieg of outdoor music festivals, showcasing cutting edge bands and hot summer styles. Coming off record breaking hot weather in March, picking the right ropa will be clutch for surviving those long raging days.
Here’s SWELL’s pick’s for putting together a fresh and functional kit.
Good shades are the cornerstone to a marathon weekend in the sun. They hide your droopy hung-over eyes, avoid squinting from those blazing rays, and even shields you during those light shows on the main stage.
Vonzipper Cletus sunglasses tweaked the classic wayfarer style with a larger frame and slightly wrapped lens. Cletus gives you more sun protection, updated contours, and the Frosteez blue chrome tint -$100
The Sidecar by Dot Dash are spicy and not to pricey. If you habitually lose your spendy shades at blow-outs like Coachella, these shades will fit the bill without draining your dollars -$27
Tank or Tee, pick a top that says you like to party. Check the weather to ensure you wont over heat or freeze based on your shirt selection.
Mingle Tee from Neff: your friends wont have trouble tracking you down in a crowd. Flouros are a must at most festivals -$26
Freddy Tank from Lightening-Bolt adds some extra aloha to a day in the sun. Keep your special party favors in the chest pocket and get loose -$54
Vox Tee by Howe features an over sized graphic of some crazy French omen. Big parties call for big styles like this -$48
Jailor Sappy tank by Dues en Machina was inspired by epic bike rallies, just like the origins of many festivals in the desert. It’s walking street-cred, and keeps you cool in the hot sands of places like Burning Man and Coachella -$33
Accessories finish off a festival kit like a maraschino cherry. Accent your look with a functional piece from SWELL
New Wave Trucker: Ride the party wave with RVCA and shield your mug from the sun in style -$26
Will Farrell’s Sexy Hot Tan: It’s a conversation piece, it’s sexy. Rub it on , Rock out. Get your man tan on -$14
Vans Rata Vulc Shoe: This kind of hemp isn’t meant to get passed around the crowd, unless you’re crowd surfing -$58
HDX Hydration Pack: Stay hydrated, keep cool, party longer and harder $1.50-$20
Nixon Carded Iphone Case: Party proof your body with the all-in-one combo kit -$24
Boardshorts are notoriously bad for protecting precious cargo, but thankfully we’ve got new hybrid styles that have lightweight water-friendly fabric and pocketing for your phone and wallet. Choose from over 100 hybrid styles here
Party in style…and responsibly
Guys can be impossible to shop for, but SWELL is here to make you look like girlfriend-of-the-year. Recent improvements in surf style and gear has made this year’s picks fit for a man-cave.
They’re red, they’re rad, and priced for any girl’s budget this Valentines Day.
1. Nixon Tide Watch -Lucky for you, guys don’t measure gifts by the price tag, so you can buy him a watch that wont affect your credit score. The Nixon Lodown is the favorite wrist piece for pro surfers like world #10 Alejo Muniz. They rely on it’s accurate and user-friendly tide functions pre-programmed for 200 beaches around the world.
With the tide and time at his fingertips your man will stay healthier by surfing more, and wont have an excuse for missing dinner.
2.Volcom Luggage -Lifetime warranty. If that’s not a solid Valentines metaphor, I don’t know what is. He’ll be soo psyched on this carry-on bag styled out with skate wheels, metal handle and stash pouches, that he’ll start planning your next getaway on the spot. Travel in style.
3. RVCA Hybrid Shorts -Just another pair of shorts?… think again. RVCA secretly equipped these would-be walk shorts with all the features you’d find in performance boardshorts. Quick drying, stretch comfort, and wrinkle free, the Punch-it shorts answered the prayers of every guy who wishes he could live in boardshorts.
4. GoPro Water Camera -If he’s been an extra good boyfriend/husband this year, the GoPro is the ultimate romantic expression, so he can tape his session. But its not just for him, you can steal it to go skiing, snorkeling, biking, sailing, or any activity. Still-frames on GoPro videos have more HD clarity than that digital camera you gave him last year. It’s a tool that any guy would love regardless of his age, favorite activity, or skill level.
Don’t let Facebook become your only family photo album, GoPro!
5. Nixon Headphones – Starting at $30, these are a good gift for girls on a budget, or just don’t want to come on too strong. A must-have for dudes who hit the trail when there’s no surf, or don’t like those cheap uncomfortable ear-pieces they give you on airplanes.
6. Intimates -Nothing says I Love You, like some sexy lingerie. After-all, he reads magazines about them in the bathroom every morning . A Valentines present you can both enjoy.