October 9th, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘Makeup’
Ask the Expert.
We asked SWELL Hair/Makeup artist, Stacey Tan for a few hair + makeup tips for busy days…
Stacey’s 5-Minute Fixes:
Jumping out of bed and getting ready on the fly happens a lot in the Summer, and you gotta have your go-to routine down!
1. If my hair is playing nice, I will add some sea salt spray, scrunch a bit, then use a
curling iron on the frontal pieces to frame the face. (I like to wrap curl the front pieces on
a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, make sure to pull the curl out to make it looser.)
2. Hair Lifesaver, The “Top Knot” : If your hair isn’t in the ideal state to be worn down, pull
out a few “baby hairs” around the face, and viola!
3. The most important part of my makeup routine is the foundation. In a hurry, I’ll apply a
thin layer with a Beauty Blender, spot cover with MAC heavy concealer and blend it out.
Then I’ll apply powder to seal it.
4. Next would be a sweep of bronzer on the temples of the forehead, below cheekbones,
and underneath the chin. Add dash of blush on the apples of cheeks.
5. Fill in brows with Anastasia brow powder in medium ash brown, Curl lashes and add 3
coats of mascara . Spray MAC Fix +.. and done!
Check out more hair / makeup tips HERE
Ask the Expert.
We asked SWELL Hair/Makeup artist, Stacey Tan, how to avoid Summer makeup meltdown…
Summer can be a bummer for your makeup routine, as temperatures rise, your makeup melts off! There are a few tricks you can try to make your foundation stay fresh and last all day.
-Swap heavy moisturizer for an oil free moisturizer: try Neutrogina Oil Free
Moisturizer, or Origins Oil Free Moisturizer.
-MAC Fix + – this product is your best friend! Apply generously before applying
foundation, after moisturizer. I also like to apply a light spritz when I’m done with my
-Powder your T-Zone!
Tip from Hair / Makeup Expert Stacey Tan
Check back soon for more tips from Stacey Tan!
Get the Swell model look with these makeup tips from our makeup artist Rene.
Although we fully believe that beauty is on the inside, it never hurts to add a little illuminating powder to bring it out from time to time! Our makeup artist Rene was nice enough to share some of her insider secrets on how to get a flawless natural look. Get ready for a pretty good sized list…apparently even Swell models need a little liner-love to be camera ready!
The full deal:
1. Start with a light moisturizer- Garnier Skin Renew Moisturizer
2. Add a solid foundation: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
3. Conceal: Apply Smashbox High Def Concealer under eyes
4. Color: Add Shiseido Gold Lights Eyeshadow to lids, followed by Mac Paradisco and a light shade like Smashbox Flirt at inner corners to widen the eyes.
5. Define: Line top and bottom with a dark copper liner, like CK Ultimate Edge in Cocoa Sheer. Add a coat of black mascara, Rene uses L’Oreal Voluminous mascara, for some added drama.
7. Illuminate: Light up your look with a highlighting liquid- Giorgio Armani Radiant Pigments.
8. Lips: Brush on a natural lip color and a little gloss.
9. Bronze: Add a final touch of color with a little bronzer- Laura Mercier Bronzer.
Don’t have time for full shebang?
We asked Rene to pick out one essential shouldn’t be left behind….a good foundation.