February 11th, 2016
Posts Tagged ‘element’
With summer almost here, it’s about time to find a pair of denim cutoffs that you love and that fit you perfectly. I love these Element shorts because not only are they super flattering, but they have little unique flower details on the front. I brought mine to the beach to slip on over my one piece. I’d also pair them with some converse high tops and a crop top – perfect for this crazy hot weather. When you’re always hopping from beach to beach like me, a fun pair of denim shorts is a necessity!
Sandwiched between industrial buildings and a metal shop, you would never know it’s there…aside from the skate park and urban greenery that is. Welcome to Branch, the new home of Element Skateboards. On the surface, one might think it’s a random place for a skate company. But dive into the company culture and principles, and you’ll notice that they’re right where they should be. Founded on goals of bringing progress to skateboarding and everything that surrounds them, the choice to re-purpose one of the community’s oldest hardware stores into their new home brought the ideas of growth and a commitment to nature and community full circle.
Vacation Inspiration: Style inspired by places we’ve been, and beaches we’re wishing we were at now.
Today’s Vacation Inspiration comes from Todos Santos, Mexico…
After Monday’s unexpected clouds hovering over our otherwise perfect holiday beach weekend, we were reminded that California weather can be fickle. So we’re dreaming of a place with sunnier skies and (nearly) guaranteed bikini weather: Todos Santos, Mexico.
On the packing list (pictured clockwise from top left):
* Krochet Kids Backpack: Don’t bother bringing a suitcase. Everything you need (a handful of bikinis and a few essentials) should fit into this bag. A bonus: Each unique, crochet piece from Krochet Kids helps to create sustainable economic development programs that support holistic growth of individuals and communities within developing nations.
* Vans Shades: Add a pop of style with a cat eye. And because they’re $12, your vacation won’t be ruined if you lose them in the sand.
* Lace Top: Wear it as a beach cover-up or going out top.
* Straw Hat: Keep the shade off your face and the wind in your hair.
* Shandlas: The sandal/shoe hybrid. Perfect for packing light.
* Element Shorts: A great pair of cut-offs are always on the packing list
* Beach Riot Bikini: Make it a handful of Beach Riot bikinis since this will comprise about 95% of your wardrobe.
…wish we were here!
We are so lucky to live in a place where we have access to so many talented and creative designers. I love that I can constantly assemble outfits that consist of stunning pieces all from the different brands around us. It seems like every season various companies all design at least one piece I can’t live without. This outfit is a killer mixture full of all the best essentials. These skinny denim pants have a distressed look to them adding a little tough girl vibe to your look. They were perfectly paired with a graphic crop tank and an army vest that simply makes any outfit look combat ready. As we all know shoes are everything… I usually create a whole outfit based on a single pair of shoes! These white boots designed by the lovely Ascot Friday and the awesome Matisse ladies will be my year round wardrobe staple as well as my go-to boots for the upcoming festival season.
More photos after the break… (more…)