November 27th, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘dresses’
New at SWELL: BCBGeneration! A collection of flirty shift dresses, asymmetrical lines and flowy sihouettes.
New to SWELL, BCBGeneration is a fashion brand made for, and by, our generation. Youthful, flirty and fun, the line takes a casual approach to BCBG’s “bon chic, bon genre” (“good style, good attitude”) name. (more…)Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Our style salute to south-of-the border style doesn’t end at tribal prints. This season, we’re loving the resurgence of the 60’s peasant dresses, updated in chic chiffon and silk. Flowy, off-the-shoulder silhouettes stay true to the classics, while festive prints and girly trims replace the standard cotton shift.
How wear the peasant dress trend:
1. Pick a lightweight fabric, like gauze, chiffon, rayon or silk. This will make sure that the dress falls on the body, rather than creating a boxy silhouette.
2. Peasant dresses look amazing paired with boots and leather crossbody bags.
3. Layer away with earthy jewelry that’s heavy on natural stones, leather or beading.
How would you style it?
Shop the peasant dress trend here!
Check out this collection of Fall 2011 dresses…curated by Swell’s buyer Hannah! Because we know, 350 dresses is a lot to sort through to get to the good stuff. Her favorites? Chiffon maxis dresses, gauzy peasant styles, a striped sweater dress and a 70’s ruffled silhouette.
Visit SWELL to see what styles made the top 20 dresses list.
Any favorites? Anything you think she missed? Leave a comment!
Our Fall catalog should be hitting your homes any day now. I know it’s still hot and muggy,
but seeing all these light weight sweaters and fringe boots makes me want to layer up. Our stylist and models went gaga over the product at the shoot, but I’ve narrowed it down to my top favorite trends for the season:
2. Flared jeans – nostalgic 70’s inspired (or in my case, reminds me of the movie Dazed and Confused)
3. Colors of the season: Orange and Russets. Although I live in Southern California, where it’s pretty much 75 degrees year round, these deep rich hues remind of maple leaves turning color in autumn.
So to all of you girls who are in denial that summer is going to have to end, you can at least look forward to sporting some of the great fashion for the Fall season.
Now go check your mailbox for the Fall catalog!
Don’t subscribe to the Swell catalog? Sign up to get the next edition HERE
About the Author: If buying girl’s apparel were anything like garage sale shopping, Hannah would be the one knocking at your door at 5am, trying to score the best picks. Spot this dog surfing enthusiast with a longboard and lifejacket-ed Golden Retriever.