February 11th, 2016
Top 10 Environmental Surfers An Earth Day Tribute to Surfers Striving For a Cleaner Planet
10. Matt Wilkinson -Hussles Trees
It may not be his favorite kind of green, but Wilco’s eco-friendly tree pledge is keeping him fit for a big run in 2013. Get his gear here.
9. Nate Tyler -Livin’ off the Land
Nate’s fully self sustaining Cayucos ranch doesn’t only help the earth, but makes him the healthiest surfer on the planet. Well…that, and his high performance Volcom surf gear.
8. Jack Johnson -Singing for Surfrider
7. James Pribram -The Eco Warrior
6. Stephanie Gilmore -Projecting to the Masses
The sport of surfing owes 5x World Champ Steph of Quiksilver a debt of gratitude for her activist attitude in the mass media, and official ambassadorship of International Surfing Day
5. Kelly Slater -Hates Monsanto
Whats Slater’s secret to success? A balanced diet of no bullshit. He rides for Quik.
4. Kyle Thiermann -Surfing for Change
Recipient of Surfrider’s Pro Surfer award, Kyle ebraces the info age with an impactful web series making a big splash on social media.
3. Malloy Brothers -Creative Conservationists
2. Jon Rose -Waves for Water
Rosey is another Laguna local making major impact on a global stage. Hurley’s Waves for Water provides humanitarian relief to the indigenous people of our favorite surf destinations.
1 Dave Rastaoich -Mind in the Water