August 19th, 2015
5 Reasons to Watch 2010 Billabong Pipe Masters
1. With a Solid north swell on tap, the boys on the bubble of qualification/elimination will go for broke in DOH Backdoor.
2. Soak in the Andy Irons memorial celebrations and reflections, including a paddle-out on Saturday morning. Freddy P called his 2003 pipe bout with Slater, “The best heat in surfing history”.
3. Watching Bruce surf his heart out today, after he witnesses the birth of his late brother’s son . He tearfully stated “I’m going to be the father of his child”
4. Listing to everyone heckle the ASP for excluding Julian Wilson for the event, as he sits in second place for triple crown points.
5. Seeing what mutant surfboard Kelly unveils that baffles his competition and challenges the shaping status quo.
Surfers and onlookers agree that the Ehukai beachpark offers the gnarliest vantage point of any venue in the world. So check out the live feed, and watch history roll over the reef.
Get your peice of history here at SWELL, official 2010 Billabong Pipe Masters gear for under $20