1. With a Solid north swell on tap, the boys on the bubble of qualification/elimination will go for broke in DOH Backdoor.
2. Soak in the Andy Irons memorial celebrations and reflections, including a paddle-out on Saturday morning. Freddy P called his 2003 pipe bout with Slater, “The best heat in surfing history”.
3. Watching Bruce surf his heart out today, after he witnesses the birth of his late brother’s son . He tearfully stated “I’m going to be the father of his child”
4. Listing to everyone heckle the ASP for excluding Julian Wilson for the event, as he sits in second place for triple crown points.
5. Seeing what mutant surfboard Kelly unveils that baffles his competition and challenges the shaping status quo.
Surfers and onlookers agree that the Ehukai beachpark offers the gnarliest vantage point of any venue in the world. So check out the live feed, and watch history roll over the reef.
Get your peice of history here at SWELL, official 2010 Billabong Pipe Masters gear for under $20
Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Happy Holidays from Swell.
Watch some clips of our gift wrapping party in our San Clemente, Ca warehouse.
Here’s How it works:
1. Spend $100, Get a Free Gift from Swell*
Your gift will be wrapped in your order. Gifts include sunglasses, hats, tees, gift certificates, bags and more….so unlike the gifts under your tree that you’ve been shaking an carefully re-wrapping, your gift will truly be a surprise! Not for you? We heard about this new craze, it’s called ‘re-gifting’.
2. What’s that Veruca- you say you want more? Share your gift on the Swell Facebook wall. After you open your amazing/thoughtful/superfly gift, become a fan of Swell, then tell us what you got by posting a pic and/or writing on the Swell wall. We’ll randomly pick one post and send that fan an extra bag of Swell swag. Winner will be announced Dec 26th.
Unwrap your Mystery Gift from SWELL’s favorite brands like:
The Ryde Clothing Company
Ando and Friends
And Heaps More!
How It Works
* Get yours while supplies last! A gift icon should appear in your cart once it totals $100 in Swell merchandise. Swell is not responsible for damage or theft of Mystery Gifts once shipped. Just like the sweater your grandma knitted you, gifts cannot be returned or exchanged, and hold no cash value.
THE NIXON TIME TELLER P
According to the WWWD, “A blinged-out watch is definitely not the appropriate choice for today’s gift recipient—perish the thought! Instead of going for something oversized, bejeweled, or delicately girly, we suggest picking up this minimalist and sporty watch from Nixon. She’s sure to adore its unique look—it’s made from matte black poly-carbonate—which will work with everything from her most casual ensembles to fancier looks.”
Step into Dane’s sailor shoes and sample his approach to the world championship tour events. He defies the new-age approach of personal trainers and muscle milk, with his whisky fueled photo trips, and pre-heat cliff diving.
We all know Puerto Rico was a mixed bag of emotions for everyone, but this vid leaves us wondering if the world tour can keep Dane captivated, as many speculated he’ll drop out next season (sound farmiliar?).
Also, we think the video’s over-sized heat scores made reference to the lack of on-screen scoring during the Rip Curl events. Or, maybe just to boast his high scores, like the 9.97 we called “The Reynolds Wrap”.
Anyways enjoy Collecting Scores and Umbrella Drinks, a short film by Dustin Miller.