September 2nd, 2015
Skating Riverbeds with Mowgli
Mowgli Surf Team riders Christian Franzen, Noah Foskett, and Shea Porter hit up the Santa Ana Riverbed in Fountain Valley. They swear there’s no better place to work on your street surfing then those high concrete banks. Photographer Jessica Stopnik was there to capture some shots.
Here’s some tips the Mowgli groms provided for you aspiring river-rats.
1. Tricks to practice: wall-rides, tail-slides, gap jumping
2. Wear gloves to throw super stylish laybacks w/o shredding your palms
3. When bombing a bank make sure you are ready to commit. There’s nothing worse then breaking your arm because you bailed.
4. Wash roadrash thoroughly, You’re pretty much shredding in a toilet
5. Concrete banks are like big waves. Style counts!
6. Do not go riverbeds when its raining unless you want to die.
Become an enemy of average and join the Mowgli army hereThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.