The timeless and carefree style of Craig Anderson is an enigma. In and out of the water, he effortlessly out-surfs anyone and looks damn good doing it. A driving force of the Modern Collective progressive surfing boom, this Aussie/Saffa represents a new breed of free surfers with fresh styles.
Craig “Ando” Anderson has spent the last few years circling the globe with his fellow Quik free-surfers like Dane, Ry and Clay. From his Surfing Mag covershot at Greenbush, to his Punt of the Month, everyone’s trying to understand how this hair-farming ripper makes it look so easy.
Craig explains his approach to surf and style “To me, good style is about being in tune with the ocean, timing, nonchalance, vision, and just being relaxed. Everyone’s style is gonna be different. It’s all about being comfortable and enjoying what you like and everyone has a different take on what they enjoy”
Since becoming Quiksilver’s global poster-boy, his new school style influenced the latest cuts and colorways.
Here’s his go-to essentials he takes on his year-round travel benders:
1. Pocket Tee -Usually basics, but just anything without loud logos. Doubles as a surf top
2. Tight Pants– “I like that steez” -Ando
3. Cloth Trucker -Stylish sun protection is a must on the road, and also hides your nappy mop that hasn’t seen shampoo in days
4. Electric Sunglasses -He prefers contemporary twists on wayfarers. Kip Arnette hooks him up
5. Backpack -Boardbags require hands-free cargo. Stash some clothes with your boards if you need more space.
6. Boardshorts – The signature Ando Flint boardshort design is an extension of his surfing style: A retro outline with new-school flare and gravity defying agility. The 4-way stretch Diamond Dobby fabric wont rip when you’re shredding your hardest.
The Cypher Brig boardshort takes performance to the next level for when Craig really gets acrobatic. A favorite short for Dane Reynolds, Ando and him share a similar lazy yet explosive style.
This basic yet enigmatic look and lifestyle has got Craig some very positive feedback from the ladies, so reinvent your steez with new Quik gear here