Although there is nothing better than the salty hair and sun-kissed skin summer brings us, I often find myself getting more excited about fall because of the fashion that comes along with it. Each summer I try to find ways to incorporate the trendy fall styles I love with the warm weather of summer. Since daisy dukes with bikinis on top don’t interest me, I have created my own perfect combination of enjoying the beach while still looking absolutely fashionable in my own unique and fun style.
I fell completely in love with this dress as it is stylish, but also allows you to flaunt your sun-kissed skin with slits in the front and a detailed open back. I chose to accessorize it with this darling hat (perfect for hiding your wild beach hair) and my favorite clutch to hold my sunnies, lip balm, and tanning lotion in. Since I was out and about town, I threw on some boots which dressed up this outfit even more. So there, now it’s your turn to combine your own style with the warm weather of summer! Don’t ever feel like you are limited to shorts and sandals.
-Guest Blogger, Leah
ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Hanging Ten (10 questions that is) with our newest guest blogger from Newport Beach, Leah!
1. My Favorite Beach Is…Hanalei Bay in Kauai, it is the prettiest and most peaceful beach I have ever been to.
2. You’ll find me in the (surf or sand)? I love getting in the water and surfing with my family and friends, but after a long surf you will find me sound asleep on the warm sand!
3. In my free time you’ll find me… heading to the beach, eating at vegan cafes, and designing clothes and jewelry.
4. Your Dream Vacation Has Arrived- Where are you headed? – Australia! I have already been, but I would love to go again and spend a month traveling up the coast surfing, shopping, and visiting all the cute little beach towns!
5. In my beach bag, you’ll always find…a bikini, some tanning lotion, a hat, and a good book or fashion magazine in my beach bag.
6. Favorite quote? “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.” -Audrey Hepburn
7. Favorite trend of the season? Right now I am in love with the kimono trend. I love seeing all the different ways people style it. I personally love wearing mine with some high waisted shorts, a cropped shirt, and some combat boots.
8. Favorite brand(s) at SWELL? That’s a hard question because I love all of them, but my absolute favorite brands are RVCA, Tallow, and Billabong.
9. Sunblock or bronze? I am blonde with incredibly fair skin so I have to use both! I usually put some sunblock on and then add a little bronze, so I am protecting my skin and still getting a little color.
10. My top 3 wardrobe essentials for the season are… a crop top, a pair of beach pants, and a cute kimono!
Welcome Leah – leave a comment below, LIKE or SHARE this post! Check back soon for more style, surf and beach livin’ from Leah.
Want to become a guest blogger? There’s one day left to enter HERE