We pounded the ground for the last day of weekend one is search more festival style inspo. Here’s some familiar faces holding down some legit looks you can score at SWELL. (more…)Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Archive for the ‘Music’ Category
Back in action this year:
- Flower crowns and festival headwear.
- Cut off daisy dukes, (or as we were cleverly coining them, “naughty mom shorts”).
- Body paint and colorful bedazzled skin adornments.
- Eccentric eyewear, utilized this year not only for statement flair but also protective shields against dust and windstorms this year.
- Bikini tops and bustiers, no need for shirts when navigating the Indio Polo Fields in the summer heat.
OutKast, Main Stage closing set Friday Night
Friday night marked the reuniting of one of the most influential acts in rap music, albeit for a crowd that maybe wasn’t ready or as generally excited for such the momentous occasion. Saving radio hits for the closing numbers they pulled from a set list spanning their entire career, including “Aquemini,” “Skew It On A Barbeque,” and an explosive version of “Bombs Over Baghdad,” to start off the set. Several guests joined them throughout their performance including Future debuting a new track, Sleepy Brown joining in for “So Fresh and So Clean” and most impressively Janelle Monae gracing the stage for her collaborative performance of “Tightrope,” with Andrew 3000. A weary crowd, half dominated by a pre-Stankonia generation of EDM enthusiasts, didn’t give quite the response that most would anticipate for the kick off to a massive summer festival tour. Die hard fans however, were pleasantly surprised by the song choice and were bouncing along in camaraderie the entire set.
Highlights from Haim, Ty Segall, Celeb sightings and more insanity in Indio. (more…)