February 11th, 2016
Archive for the ‘SURF’ Category
The Odbert brothers are co-founders of AMBSN clothing, SWELL’s favorite California-made lifestyle brand. Dustin and Dylan faced off against each other in a keg-fueled game of Sloshball in the San Clemente sunshine and we joined the mayhem to share the wonderful world of Sloshball.
Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
– Players must have a drink in hand at all times. This means one handed catches in the field
– Failure to have drink in hand results in keg stand and an out
– Players cannot advance past second base before drinking an entire beer
– Batters must interchange the lineup guy-girl
– Up to 5 offensive players are allowed to remain on second base at a time
– All disputed calls are settled by a chug off
– If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying
Photo Tip of the Week from photo contributor, Kelsey Finn…
As with taking photos on land, if you are shooting with natural light and want your subject lit well and not as a silhouette, make sure the sun is behind you! But, if the sun is not at a lower angle closer to the horizon, ask your model to look up to the surface to have the sun light up their face!
Ever wondered what it takes to transform your love of surfing into a career? Young gun Tia Blanco will tell you it takes a lot of time in the water, training, and dedication. Sheer style and bubbly personality don’t hurt either.
Interview + Tia’s Green Smoothie Recipe after the break…
Photos courtesy of REEF
A special look into the exotic life of Ellis Ericson, as he surfs and shapes his favorites Balinese breaks. Enjoy a guest appearance from fellow VA rider Jared “Bang Bang Boogie” and Ellis’ favorite tunes from the Allah-Las.
If you’re ever around indo, keep an eye out for the foam dust covered Aussie rocking his favorite RVCA gear, available at SWELL