January 28th, 2016
Archive for the ‘SURF’ Category
It’s that added bit of drama in the LBC that gives it a touch of intrigue. A unique, salt air oxidized version of a Southern California beach town. Ready to take a trip? Take a walk around Long Beach with SWELL Event Photographer, Stephanie while she shares her favorite neighborhood finds…
Meet Your Maker | Freedom Artist x SWELL Exclusive Tee The Making of Malibu's Most Authentic Surf Tee -Only at SWELL
We teamed up with the independently owned and operated surf company Freedom Artists to create a unique, homegrown style available only on SWELL. We’re huge fans of core companies who embrace the ways of old school screen printing and these guys definitely get their hands dirty at their LA design studio.
The Odbert brothers are co-founders of AMBSN clothing, SWELL’s favorite California-made lifestyle brand. Dustin and Dylan faced off against each other in a keg-fueled game of Sloshball in the San Clemente sunshine and we joined the mayhem to share the wonderful world of Sloshball.
– Players must have a drink in hand at all times. This means one handed catches in the field
– Failure to have drink in hand results in keg stand and an out
– Players cannot advance past second base before drinking an entire beer
– Batters must interchange the lineup guy-girl
– Up to 5 offensive players are allowed to remain on second base at a time
– All disputed calls are settled by a chug off
– If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying
Photo Tip of the Week from photo contributor, Kelsey Finn…
As with taking photos on land, if you are shooting with natural light and want your subject lit well and not as a silhouette, make sure the sun is behind you! But, if the sun is not at a lower angle closer to the horizon, ask your model to look up to the surface to have the sun light up their face!