August 28th, 2015
Archive for the ‘SURF’ Category
1. With a Solid north swell on tap, the boys on the bubble of qualification/elimination will go for broke in DOH Backdoor.
2. Soak in the Andy Irons memorial celebrations and reflections, including a paddle-out on Saturday morning. Freddy P called his 2003 pipe bout with Slater, “The best heat in surfing history”.
3. Watching Bruce surf his heart out today, after he witnesses the birth of his late brother’s son . He tearfully stated “I’m going to be the father of his child”
4. Listing to everyone heckle the ASP for excluding Julian Wilson for the event, as he sits in second place for triple crown points.
5. Seeing what mutant surfboard Kelly unveils that baffles his competition and challenges the shaping status quo.
Surfers and onlookers agree that the Ehukai beachpark offers the gnarliest vantage point of any venue in the world. So check out the live feed, and watch history roll over the reef.
Get your peice of history here at SWELL, official 2010 Billabong Pipe Masters gear for under $20
Step into Dane’s sailor shoes and sample his approach to the world championship tour events. He defies the new-age approach of personal trainers and muscle milk, with his whisky fueled photo trips, and pre-heat cliff diving.
We all know Puerto Rico was a mixed bag of emotions for everyone, but this vid leaves us wondering if the world tour can keep Dane captivated, as many speculated he’ll drop out next season (sound farmiliar?).
Also, we think the video’s over-sized heat scores made reference to the lack of on-screen scoring during the Rip Curl events. Or, maybe just to boast his high scores, like the 9.97 we called “The Reynolds Wrap”.
Friend of SWELL, the surfing newscaster in the sky, Rick Dickert gave a fly-by at the pier and broke the the Guinness Record breaking story. Those jokers never miss a chance for a good heckling, so they had to slip in a “shrinkage” comment about his 26 hr session
Wetsuit technology has never been better.
Surf Smart, Shop SWELL!