September 2nd, 2015
Archive for the ‘GOODS FOR GUYS’ Category
The weather might be cooling down, but South Coast plaza is so Haute right now. If you’re lucky-enough to be in Southern California this month (well, any month, but especially this month) you’re invited to shop the entire issue of Teen Vogue in one pop-up shop! From now until September 27th at South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA) experience this unique fashion phenomenon, where you can rummage through the magazine’s looks for back-to-school trends, get style inspiration and consultations, mix and match the latest styles, and much, much more.
Love Billabong? Visit the Haute Spot on Sept 19th for the Billabong “Fall in Love” event, featuring a style session with Billabong Design Director Mandy Robinson, insider tips on the latest looks for the Fall season, a t-shirt screenprinting and customization station, and a special live acoustic performance by Aussie singer/songwriter Ashleigh Mannix. Plus, cupcakes and mocktails! And who can resist new styles and cupcakes?! The only thing missing from a perfect day are promises of puppies and kittens!
Get a preview Billabong’s Featured Picks for the Haute Spot (as seen above) HERE!Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Guys, now that summer is coming to a close you’re going to have to rethink your morning get-up-and-go routine. What I mean is, kicking through your Taco Bell and Red Bull debris to find your least soiled trunks and tees won’t pass muster anymore. The fall season always brings a heightened expectation of what’s considered appropriate about-town wear, and a good-fitting pair of jeans will be your #1 staple. Seriously, a solid pair of denim pants can be counted on more regularly than Christian Fletcher hitting up a 2-for-1 night in a Balinese tavern. But with the wide variety of cuts and styles available, selecting the right fit for your kit can get confusing. Not to worry, the blogger hotties at Breezy Mama have got the low down on what you need to throw down, with one of their top choices being Hurley’s Cleveland jean. Click here for the whole shebang.
Love Sarah Jessica Parker’s retro look from Sex in the City 2? Get her 70’s-styled dress in a much more everyday-wearable style at Swell! Rock it with some vintage-looking heels or wedges, load on the gold jewelry and you’re golden for girl’s night out. Sorry, cosmos not included.
5 WAYS TO WEAR THE SEASON’S TOP TREND
We know you’ve bought one (or 2 or 9) flannel or plaid shirt this Summer. If you haven’t, you will. Unless you’re allergic to cotton, you’ll be wearing this season’s favorite flannel every chance you get. You’ll soon discover, if you have not already, that you’ll find yourself in need of a way to keep your flannels looking fresh every time you show up to homeroom wearing one. Here’s a guide to different ways you can wear your preferred plaid to keep it looking new:
1. Wear it now: Lightweight plaid shirts are a perfect beach cover-up. If you follow the logic, this makes perfect sense. Follow here: Summer is the best time for biking, especially to and from the beach to cut-down on parking lot crowds. Hipsters love biking. Hipsters also love flannels. Therefore, flannels must be a Summer favorite. Plus, they look killer when paired with some classic Wayfarers.
2. Wear it Over a Dress: Balance out a cute new dress, that maybe is a bit too nice to wear on a casual night out, with a relaxed flannel. The lightweight shirt is perfect for a cooler Summer night, and the unfussy look takes your dress from overly-cutesy to fashion-forward with a touch of sass.
3. Tuck it into high-waisted skirts and pants: So amazingly 70’s. It’s an ode to Farrah Fawcett. It had a subtle sex-appeal then, just as it does now. Go ahead, try it.
4. Layer it: Look chill, cut the chill. Layer a flannel under a jacket or heavy sweater to jazz up your look with a little colorful print.
5. Wear it as a Dress: Grab some leggings. We know you have some. Add a belt around your natural waist. Bam, dress. Add a boot it if you’re feeling like getting a little Americana on your day. This is all based on your flannel being long-enough to cover your bum. If it isn’t, opt for pants (Survey says: “legging are not pants”).
The flannel: Double shwing. Get your new flannels here.