August 28th, 2015
Archive for the ‘GOODS FOR GUYS’ Category
MODERN AMERICANA: It’s the feeling you get when you look to the West…
The American dream is materialized in this vintage trend, highlighting blue collar classics, deconstructed denim, soft plaids and thrift store trims; a trend where every classic piece has a place for your unique style to shine through. Accessorize freely; add as you go.
Check out more from the trend collection HEREThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Help Hozell Help Haiti…and get a rad shirt too.
If you’re like us, you wish you could donate endlessly… but don’t have the spare cash to throw down. We’re creating this t-shirt, with proceeds going to The Red Cross and other relief efforts to help the people of Haiti, so you can help the cause and get a great looking tee out of the deal.
If you can… get one for yourself, one for a friend, one for your mailman, your gardener, the guy at the gas station, and so on.
[though this item isn’t being custom constructed at 100% of our standard hozell retail quality (to keep the cost down and raise more money), these shirts are still soft as hell and super comfortable]
Get the Hozell for Haiti Tee HERE.
Get the Swell model look with these makeup tips from our makeup artist Rene.
Although we fully believe that beauty is on the inside, it never hurts to add a little illuminating powder to bring it out from time to time! Our makeup artist Rene was nice enough to share some of her insider secrets on how to get a flawless natural look. Get ready for a pretty good sized list…apparently even Swell models need a little liner-love to be camera ready!
The full deal:
1. Start with a light moisturizer- Garnier Skin Renew Moisturizer
2. Add a solid foundation: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
3. Conceal: Apply Smashbox High Def Concealer under eyes
4. Color: Add Shiseido Gold Lights Eyeshadow to lids, followed by Mac Paradisco and a light shade like Smashbox Flirt at inner corners to widen the eyes.
5. Define: Line top and bottom with a dark copper liner, like CK Ultimate Edge in Cocoa Sheer. Add a coat of black mascara, Rene uses L’Oreal Voluminous mascara, for some added drama.
7. Illuminate: Light up your look with a highlighting liquid- Giorgio Armani Radiant Pigments.
8. Lips: Brush on a natural lip color and a little gloss.
9. Bronze: Add a final touch of color with a little bronzer- Laura Mercier Bronzer.
Don’t have time for full shebang?
We asked Rene to pick out one essential shouldn’t be left behind….a good foundation.
Breaking news: The fashion world has officially embraced UGGs!
$600-$900 UGG Boots…shhh, no prob. Just hope that it never rains and that you’ve always got a fresh pair of socks handy. You’re set.
We’re talking about a new line Jimmy Choo x UGG boots, retailing upwards of $595, plus the cost of a handful of Scotchgard cans. Chilly morning surf check/check out here you come.
Silly you say? Surely, you jest! They look killer and feel like walking on a million little Eskimo babies…and you can’t put a price tag on youth.
Still interested? Read more about the collaboration here.
Ugg-Choo! Sorry, starting to feel a little sick over here.