Love Sarah Jessica Parker’s retro look from Sex in the City 2? Get her 70′s-styled dress in a much more everyday-wearable style at Swell! Rock it with some vintage-looking heels or wedges, load on the gold jewelry and you’re golden for girl’s night out. Sorry, cosmos not included.
Archive for the ‘GOODS FOR GUYS’ Category
5 WAYS TO WEAR THE SEASON’S TOP TREND
We know you’ve bought one (or 2 or 9) flannel or plaid shirt this Summer. If you haven’t, you will. Unless you’re allergic to cotton, you’ll be wearing this season’s favorite flannel every chance you get. You’ll soon discover, if you have not already, that you’ll find yourself in need of a way to keep your flannels looking fresh every time you show up to homeroom wearing one. Here’s a guide to different ways you can wear your preferred plaid to keep it looking new:
1. Wear it now: Lightweight plaid shirts are a perfect beach cover-up. If you follow the logic, this makes perfect sense. Follow here: Summer is the best time for biking, especially to and from the beach to cut-down on parking lot crowds. Hipsters love biking. Hipsters also love flannels. Therefore, flannels must be a Summer favorite. Plus, they look killer when paired with some classic Wayfarers.
2. Wear it Over a Dress: Balance out a cute new dress, that maybe is a bit too nice to wear on a casual night out, with a relaxed flannel. The lightweight shirt is perfect for a cooler Summer night, and the unfussy look takes your dress from overly-cutesy to fashion-forward with a touch of sass.
3. Tuck it into high-waisted skirts and pants: So amazingly 70’s. It’s an ode to Farrah Fawcett. It had a subtle sex-appeal then, just as it does now. Go ahead, try it.
4. Layer it: Look chill, cut the chill. Layer a flannel under a jacket or heavy sweater to jazz up your look with a little colorful print.
5. Wear it as a Dress: Grab some leggings. We know you have some. Add a belt around your natural waist. Bam, dress. Add a boot it if you’re feeling like getting a little Americana on your day. This is all based on your flannel being long-enough to cover your bum. If it isn’t, opt for pants (Survey says: “legging are not pants”).
The flannel: Double shwing. Get your new flannels here.
We love Nicole’s beachy, bohemian style, but hate that it probably cost an entire pay check to get!
Or does it? Get Nicole Richie’s boho-chic look, fringe bag and all, for less than the cost of her left shoe. Our favorite part of this look is that it fits almost any body-type. Yes, she may weight in at a whopping 90 L-B’s, but no, you don’t have to cut-out your afternoon Pinkberry run to look just as good in her gear. What makes this a trend-setting look are the fold-over ankle boots and oversized shades. So chic!
Shop the entire look HERE!
A brief, questionably accurate, but it’d probably fly on Wikipedia, history of what is known as “the man sweater.”
Above: Analog Suburb 2 Cardigan
Ah, the cardigan, or what will henceforth be termed “the man sweater.” Maybe when you think of sweaters, you think kittens, bad holiday gifts, and retirement homes. But you are wrong. You heard it; I said the customer is not always right. Yeah. It’s time to adjust your silly thoughts about sweaters. Ever since before you were born, the cardigan has been plotting its way back up to the top of the man list. Here’s a little history for you naysayers:
The cardigan started scheming its return to bad-assness back in the late 80’s. It was then that Kurt Cobain made the monumental decision that the Seattle weather made him cold, and pullover sweaters were just too much work to take on and off whilst wearing a guitar strap. From that point, he took what cardigan enthusiasts named “the march of pennies” to the nearest Goodwill, where a cardigan was had strategically placed itself closest to the cash register. And boom. The “the man sweater” was born.
Don’t believe me? I challenge you to find a more accurate history of the man sweater. Double dog dare you.
How do you wear it?
Ironically, the man sweater pairs perfectly with man pants. Add your favorite t-shirt (as long as said t-shirt contains no rhinestones, does not contain mock-anything in the description, and is of a the non-lycra, preferably cotton, variety) and you’re ready to rock.