October 2nd, 2015
Archive for the ‘EVENTS’ Category
Last Chance! Registration ends TODAY…
cards from SWELL, Oakley sunglasses and an Oakley Holeshot watch valued at $550.00.
Awards are free to the public, but go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Follow-the-Light-Foundation-Flame-Grant/128942323802095?ref=ts#!/event.php?eid=119788258066111&index=1 to pre-register
or http://bit.ly/9Ixymi for $20 VIP tix.
Don’t forget to come out to the TALL CANS concert in Redondo on Saturday at Kilkenny’s!
Kilkenny’s Irish Pub
100 Fishermans Wharf
Redondo Beach, CA 90277-3621
Get a free SWELL hat if you mention this blog post!
Just look for DAVE with the red white and blue SWELL trucker and backpack and he will hoook you up!**
**WHile supplys last… if there are no more hats you will be entitled to 1 free dinner date with our new customer service rep Lemmy… just ask dave
Thanks to all who showed up at the Idiosyncrasies premiere in Laguna last night. Some lucky hoodlums ended up with a random assortment of SWELL schwag ranging from $100 gift cards and backpacks to shirts, hats and whatever else the SWELL crew could throw at the crowd. Besides all the gear given away on the spot, those who signed up at the SWELL booth were also entered to win the $50K Billabong Team boat sweepstakes. So if you missed this showing, make sure to show up at the next venue to sign up and claim your prizes!
Sign-ups View from Below ; Possible Winners of the 50K boat
Judging from the hoots and whistles coming from the crowd, the movie was a hit as well and the sound of cheers and coldies cracking was a many throughout the film. The after party was equally enjoyable; wine was flowing and Christian Beamish’s film-featured hand-crafted sailing vessel was parked out front on PCH. It was a great night out on the town and we here at SWELL are definitely looking forward to the next showing. Next Stop on the film tour will be Encinitas at La Paloma theater, a venue that always delivers a fun and memorable experience. Stay tuned for more detailed information & updates about future showings where we will hook you all up with some more gear and giveaways!
Crowd’s gather around Christian Beamish in front of the Laguna Surf Gallery as he Hoists the main sail of the Cormorant which was featured in the film
Read more about Patrick Trefz’s movie here:
or follow Patzok’s blog at:
or… check out SWELL’s earlier post at http://blog.swell.com/events/idiosyncrasies-surf-movie-premiere-sponsored-by-swell-in-laguna-beach/
Hands down the biggest weekend of the year in the South Bay, The International Surf Festival takes over the sand from Manhattan, to Hermosa to Redondo Beach! This 3 Day all sport, all welcome, all time event makes the U.S. Open of Surfing look like Kiddie Surf Camp.
The Beach Sport blow out kicks off with the Inter-Squad Lifeguard Championships, where L.A’s best push the limits of lifesaving competition. Exciting displays of tactical maneuvers by the U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter & L.A. County Lifeguard wow the audience of over 100,000. Try not to stare when these chiseled water-men grind out a 3 mile biathlon medley relay, paddle from pier to pier, and surf dory boats into the shore-break. A peaky chest high NZ swell is on tap for the weekend, so conditions should escalate the surf contest and the other aquatic competitions.
SWELL will be there for the “6 Man” Volleyball tournament to support our friends on team “El Geeter’s Barney Killers”. These guys ignore the ultra agro v-ball vibe. Instead, they dress in sizzling hot neons, joke around like the stooges, and let that mojo carry them to victory against hundreds of high strung ballers. Track down the court-side SWELL reps in the red white and blue hats and dig into their grab bag of free gear.
After the sun, come join the fun with South Bay’s own, SWELL sponsored band Tall Cans rocking Redondo at Kilkenny’s Irish Pub on the Redondo Pier. These South Bay punks get crowds on their feet, and receive national press for their on-stage antics. Did we mention that the Tall Cans boys are hell-men when it comes to charging heavy surf? Come to the party and look for the SWELL girls who will be stoking everyone out with more rad swag.
Don’t miss out on the South Bay Surf Fest this year because there’s something for everyone, and SWELL is coming to make sure you stay stoked.
Here’s How Surf Fest Breaks Down
Friday, July 30
* 7:00 p.m. LA County Lifeguard Championships — Manhattan Beach Pier, U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter & L.A. County Lifeguard Rescue Demo, 6-Lifeguard Run Relay, Lifeguard Events, Bud Stevenson Intracrew Medley Relay.
Saturday, July 31
* 6:45 a.m. International Bodysurfing Championship — Manhattan Beach Pier.
* 7:00 a.m. Surfing Championships — Hermosa Beach Pier (South Side).
* 8:00 a.m. Sand Soccer Challenge at Torrance Beach.
* 8:00 a.m. Dick Fitzgerald Two-Mile Beach Run — Hermosa Beach Pier.
* 9:00 a.m. Charlie Saikley Volleyball Tournament — Manhattan Beach Pier 6-Man / 6-Woman.
* 7:00 p.m. So Calif. Lifeguard Championships Events — Manhattan Beach Pier, U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter & Los Angeles County Lifeguard Demo, Lifeguard Events Junior Lifeguard Taplin / Lifeguard Beach Flags, Judge Taplin Three-Mile Lifeguard Medley Relay.
*8:00 p.m. Tall Cans – Kilkenny’s Redondo Beach Pier
Sunday, August 1
* 7:30 a.m. Velzy-Stevens Pier-to-Pier Paddleboard Championship – Manhattan Beach Pier, South Side.
* 8:00 a.m. Sand Soccer – Torrance Beach Continues.
* 9:00 a.m. Volleyball Tournament — Manhattan Beach Pier. Final rounds of 6-Man / 6-Woman.
* 9:00 a.m. Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim — Hermosa Pier to Manhattan Pier,
* 9:30 a.m. Lifeguard Dory Race — Hermosa Pier
* 1:00 p.m. South Bay Youth Swims and Paddles — Hermosa Beach Pier