November 24th, 2015
Archive for the ‘CHECK IT’ Category
How bad has the crime in Rosarito and neighboring areas become? Try VERY. It seems like everyone and their brother has a new tale of terror to tell. From traffic violation scams to roadside robberies to kidnappings and assault; the advice from locals is to stay far, far away. The New York Times has more.Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Don’t be mislead by this post’s small imagery. We know (probably better than most) that hangovers are no small thing. And being that both Xmas and New Year’s happen to fall midweek this year, chances are you’ll be whimpering in your cube the next two Wednesdays hoping the office fatties haven’t mowed through the Hickory Farm baskets. But before you bight the plastic off that salami stick, take a look at Hungover.net. They’ve got hundreds of proven remedies, homemade cures, and reader recommended strategies to kick the dog that bit you. Just select what you had to drink, pick a body part that hurts the most, and barfo! A recipe for your toxic nightmare is displayed. We hear they’re also working on a website that provides step-by-step instructions for ruining your roommate’s credit.
If you’re anything like us, you blew your Christmas wad a few weeks ago and are using Simpson’s voices to answer the phone in hopes to avoid your creditors. And the chances of your family being considerate enough to get you a new stick lay somewhere in between “yeah right” and “hell no”. Well don’t go holding up the liquor store yet. Our new contest with Nixon could score you Ron Machado’s barely-used Al Merrick. Click here to enter.
OFFICAL RULES: SIMPLE BOARD AND BANK SWEEPS
Presented by SWELL
- Entering is easy: Visit http://facebook.com/swell or swell.com and fill out an online entry form. No purchase necessary. You must complete all required information to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete, Illegible, duplicate, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. All entries become the property of Swell when submitted and will not be returned to entrant. Sweepstakes ends on 2/16/2011.
- Winner will receive:
(1) Custom Hobie longboard shaped by Simple Team Rider Tyler Warren
“The Malibu Chip” Longboard: 9’6” x 22 1/4” x 2 3/4”
Shaped by Simple Team rider Tyler Warren, under the legendary Hobie Surfboards label, this late 50’s style longboard is finished with hand-drawn logos and a modern marine ply flex fin hand foiled by Daniel Partch.
(1) $1000 Swell Gift Card
(1) Signed Tyler Warren original, printed on wood- 18” x 24”
Prizes may not be substituted for cash value or for products of equal or lesser value.
- Winner Selection: Winner will be randomly selected from the group of entrants.
- Eligibility: Including, but not limited to: Must be at least 13 years old to enter – minors may be subject to liability release form, as well as parental/guardian permission. Giveaway entries are limited to the United States and Canada. Void where prohibited.
- Winner Notification: Winner will be selected by random drawing. Winner will be notified by 2/20/2011 via email. Winner must respond to claim prize within 2 days of notification of win. Prizes will be sent to winner free of charge. Swell is not responsible for prize damage once it has been sent to the prize winner.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning shall be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- Error Correction: Swell reserves the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors.
- Release of Liability: Swell is not liable or responsible for; Loss of entry – including, electronic, computer, communication malfunctions, damage caused by virus/bug or non-authorized intervention, injury, or property damage in connection to with giveaway, or giveaway results.
- General Terms/Disclaimers: Swell reserves the right to terminate giveaway at any time, with or without prior notice. By entering in the sweepstakes, each participant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Swell, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.