January 28th, 2016
URT | World Famous Wompers
URT X SWELL joined forces to bring you new, exclusive styles saluting the art of body womping. The two coastal dwelling companies grew up in breaks that cater to barrel hunting body surfers eager to get heaved into hollow shore-pound.
URT is the inventor of the tide chart printed inside a shURT and receive international acclaim for heroic drops at XXL sessions, like co-founder Dougie Mann recently charging The Wedge (above). URT released an exclusive line available only at SWELL in honor of their 4th annual WOMP body surfing competition
WOMP Contest Details:
– Sign-in starts at 8:30 // both division heats will begin at 9:30.
– There will be a whale wailing The Star Spangled Banner on electric guitar to kick things off.
– It is in Coronado / birthplace of Aviation and URT.
– Limited entries – we are already almost maxed out.
– Team Blacksheep is going to be present and participating in many outlandish ways.
– The beach is a dog beach, so lots of WOMPing is interrupted by salty sea dogs saying hello.
– The whole event should be wrapped up by 1 or 2 // We encourage hand planing to happen between heats.
– Dazzling raffle prizes – included signed Come Hell or High Water DVD / A Bike / Skateboard / URT gear / and lots more.
– Bring your dog and your stoke.
Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
Do you have a friend who never has a tide chart or is cursed by stingrays? Get them functional and fresh URT styles straight out of San Diego…