February 11th, 2016
SeaMade: #CityWild Essentials Stories of native wanderings by blogger, Madison
CityWild has been an extraordinary journey. Between hiking 10 miles from the countryside to the beach of Malibu, to the actual production, the whole trip was an amazing process. The entire crew learned so much about outdoors trekking, surfing, and even style. Here’s a behind the scenes glimpse at the products we loved. After all, you can’t go CityWild in Los Angeles without some stylish layers….
MADISON OLSON | Surfer, Outdoors Enthusiast, Blogger
* (Pictured at Top) This retro tank is one of my go-to favorites now. Remember “Still Filthy”? I wish there really was a throwback tour of the flick. This denim shirt is the perfect mix of tomboy ruggedness and feminine flair with the crochet paneling.
Pictured: Billabong Tank | Billabong Shirt
* A good hat and sunglasses are essential for someone like me who is constantly trail and beach blazing. I’ve had the RVCA hat and RAEN sunnies for a year now and have worn them on the beach, at Standard LA pool parties, and now on the trail. Compliments galore on them and lucky for you they are still available on SWELL!
* Remember, this is CityWild Malibu, so why not have some fancier fashion pieces on hand? This dress got put to good use during post-production celebratory cocktail hour. Rhythm’s latest dress line is full of retro beauty.
Pictured: RVCA Hat | Raen Sunglasses | Rhythm Dress
EVALINE VAN BRANDE | Surfer, Hiking Guide, Student
* This was just one of those outfits I immediately fell in love with from the moment I saw it and put it on. I would wear this everyday if I could. The pom poms on the shorts are a definite perk, and when combined with this Billabong pineapple tank, I have the perfect summer beach outfit. You also can’t go wrong with this cute hat from Rhythm to provide you with some much needed sun protection at the beach or while out on a hike.
Pictured: Pineapple Tank | Rip Curl Shorts | Rhythm Hat | Raen Sunglasses
MELLISA RYAN | Photographer, Surfer
* I absolutely adore these overalls. They are soft and flowy, and the flirty print goes with everything.. Wear them at the beach as a bathing suit cover up or dress ‘em up with ballet flats and a lace tank underneath for an evening out on a warm summer night. They were perfect for my photo excursions during the CityWild trip.
Pictured: Rhythm Overalls
ADAM REYNOLDS | Photographer, Surfer
* I’ve always taken a conservative approach to style, but I’m realizing there’s little fun in that. You should wear clothes that reflect your personality accurately and speak authentically. I love Swell’s wide selection of gear from major labels, as well as grass root companies that have character and personality.
Pictured Above: Billabong Tee
SHANE PASSANTINO | Surfer and Creative Extraordinaire
* The sweater and shirts are so comfy that I practically wore them the whole trip and now I end up wearing them a couple times on a weekly basis before throwing them into the wash…don’t tell the ladies please. I’ve also had more compliments on the creative look of the sunnies than I’ve ever had on an accessory. I haven’t thrown those into the wash yet.
Pictured Above: Altamont Fleece
Pictured at Top: Raen Sunglasses
PAT O’MALLEY | Filmer
* CityWild gave us an opportunity to tune out from the cell phones and computers and enjoy some fresh air. We were roughin it, but thanks to SWELL we were roughin it in style.
Pictured: Raen Sunglasses | RVCA Tee
SEAN JOHNSON | Surfer
* These boardshorts are the ultimate throwback to the original beach days at Malibu. I hiked all day in them and surfed in them later in the evening…chafe free the whole time. Paired with a bold color block tee shirt, you can make a statement and be comfortable all day.
Pictured: RVCA Boardshorts | Billabong Tee
ANDY REYNOLDS | Comedian, Surfer
*SWELL hooked it up with this super comfy Burton shirt. The pattern was perfect for a weekend in the wilderness. RAEN’s Underwood glasses kept the sun out of my eyes.
Pictured: Burton Shirt | Raen Sunglasses
#CityWild is an original series created by Madison Olson & Adam Reynolds. We couldn’t have made this initial extraordinary journey happen without our amazing crew: Melissa Ryan, Andy Reynolds, Pat O’Malley, Shane Passantino, Eveline Van Brande, Sean Johnson, Katie Dillon, Dom Russo, John Martini, Charles Isaac, and Jess Cohen.
Follow the native wanderings: #CityWild