September 4th, 2015
Happy Record Store Day! Celebratory Sounds + Style
Every year music enthusiasts gather on the third Saturday of April to celebrate Record Store Day. This festivity is something most vinyl junkies wait for all year. Luckily the wait is over: April 19th has arrived! Its purpose is to celebrate the artists, fans and the culture that surrounds the independently owned record store. Many local stores hold parties with live music, giveaways and discounts on their products. Naturally, we want you to find the best parties and get a steal-of-a-deal, so we had our employees divulge their hot spots for shopping vinyl, rummage through their collections for their favorite album, and pass along some celebratory style….
JEFF: Photographic Genius
* Best record store for a good deal: Goodwill, or Mr. C’s in Orange
* Favorite Album: The Beatles, White Album
* What I would wear to a show: “The Mack” ( Altamont Jacket / Vans Shoes )
AMY: Customer Loyalty/Marketing Specialist or runaround like a crazy person from 7-4…both mean the same thing.
* Best record store for a good deal: The Swap Meet
* Favorite Album: Janis Joplin, Cheap Thrills
* What I would wear to a show: “Fringe, Ball and Chain” (Fringe Maxi Dress / Tori Praver Bikini )
JAKE: Online Product Specialist
* Best record store for a good deal: Pepperland Music in Orange
* Favorite Album: Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
* What I would wear to a show: “The Mika Dora” ( RVCA Shirt / RVCA Pants)
DANA: Merchandise Coordinator
* Best record store for a good deal: Second Spin in Costa Mesa
* Favorite Album: Santana, Abraxas
* What I would wear to a show: “A Doily and Bells” ( Volcom Wrap / Volcom Bells )
JONATHAN: Web Production Specialist
* Best record store for a good deal: Sound Spectrum – Laguna Beach, Ca. Store has great vibes and a ton of great rare grooves, re-presses, and a ton of Reggae!
* Favorite Album: Sinatra at the Sands (Reprise, 1966)
* What I would wear to a show: “Poolside at the Sands” ( Wonderland Sunglasses / Vans Shirt / Nixon Watch )
Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.
KRISTIN: Pinterest and Product Whiz
* Best record store for a good deal: Lovell’s in Downtown Whittier, they have a frequent buyer’s card…and you WILL be a frequent buyer.
* Favorite Album: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Mosquito
* What I would wear to a show: “Under the Earth” ( Billabong Crop Top / Statement Necklace )