November 24th, 2015
Packing Guide: Miami Just the Essentials with SWELL's Buying Team
Bienvenido Summer ’15 Bikinis! SWELL’s buyers are off to Miami to get a first look at 2015 Swimwear. Aside from sneaking in some sun and white sand, they’ll be spending the week scouring the show for the best bikinis out there…and sending you little sneak peeks along the way of course. Make sure to follow @SWELL_style on Instagram for behind the scenes photos from the show.
Read on to see what our buyers are bringing with them…
* Bold Maxi Dress: Tropical-toned prints and a flowy silhouette are Miami must-haves. The versatile silhouette is the perfect day-to-nightlife pick for packing. Pictured: Show Me Your Mumu Dress
* Beach Pants: Pack your pantone pantalones. It’s the perfect place to sport your favorite in-your-face colors. Pictured: Billabong Beach Pants
* A Rainbow of Bikinis: Lots of them to be exact. Bralette styles are extra useful, as you can wear them under tanks and strappy dresses for an extra pop of color in your kit. Pictured: Maaji Bikini
* Flowy Tops: Chiffon and lightweight tops take up essentially zero space in your bag. And with the humid weather, you’ll be happy you had a few extras. Pictured: Tiered Chiffon Top
* Floppy Hat: For style + extended hours in the sun. Pictured: Element (Sorry, sold out! Similar style here)
* Wedges: If you’re only bringing one pair of shoes, make it a wedge. They will get you everywhere you need to go in Miami. Room for an extra pair? Add embellished sandals to the list. Pictured: Leather Wedges
* Beach Bag: Bonus points if you can stick to the packing list enough to use it as your carry on. Pictured: Striped Tote Bag
* Scarf: Aside from being a life-saver when the airplane AC starts cranking, you can tie a scarf as a kimono top, a beach bag, a head scarf, or even a racerback tank to wear over a bikini. (click the links for how-to’s) Pictured: Indigo Dyed Scarf
* Edited Makeup Bag: Lightweight Foundation with SPF, Bronzer + Waterproof Mascara. With sun and rainstorms in the forecast, expect anything heavy to melt off. Instead of caking on the makeup, embrace the humidity and go for a natural glow.