January 28th, 2016
Girls Gone Glamping 10 Essentials for Luxury Camping
Does an alfresco happy hour count as being “outdoorsy” in your book?
Whether you’re a seasoned s’mores maker or novice in the world of Nalgene bottles and pitching tents, setting up a plush campsite is something we can all appreciate from time to time. It’s about loving being outdoors…and loving being comfortable whilst outdoors.
More of the roughing it type? Feel free to choose your own adventure:
Malibu Camping with the CityWild Crew
North County San Diego Camping
Top CA Surf Campgrounds
Big Sur Camping
Joshua Tree Camping and Climbing
Hollister Ranch Road Trip
North LA, Ventura and Santa Barbara Camping
Ready to get glamping? Read on for tips + 10 essentials…
A FEW GLAMPING BASICS
* Pick your campsite with caution. Choose a site you can pull your car up to, because hauling the kitchen sink through the forest takes the “glam” out of the glamping experience.
* Unlike regular camping, the answer to “Do I need this” is typically, “yes”.
* Toss the sleeping bag. Swap out the sleeping sack and sub in a crisp duvet and mattress pad (preferably a memory foam one if you have it).
TOP TEN GLAMPING ESSENTIALS
1. The Tent. In an ideal world, every glamping weekend would start with a watermelon tent.
2. The Tunes. Pick a speaker that can hold its own in the rain and dirt, like a Nixon Blaster.
3. The Campfire Chair
4. Coffee first. Always. So make sure bring something to brew, like this camp-friendly espresso maker.
5. Stay Liquidated. Whip up some camp sangria
6. S’more Rations. Don’t skimp on the s’mores, including long skewers for singe-free roasting.
7. Light Up. Don’t forget a solid lantern
8. Stay Charged. It’s tough to broadcast what an amazing glamping trip your friends aren’t having via Insta on an empty battery. Give your gear juice with a solar charger.
9. Keep It clean. Pack an outdoor rug to prevent tracking dirt into the tent/car/camper. The pro pick: Surf Grass
10. Keep your cool. Unless we’re talking coffee or coco, glamping and warm beverages don’t mix. Take preventative measures with the Surfrider Cooler.
Check out more Glamping Essentials at SWELLThank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.