February 11th, 2016
New SWELL Ambassador: Shelby Yoshida
Coming to a college near you! The all-new SWELL Ambassador Program kicks off its first semester this Fall with five advocates, representing #theSWELLlife across the Southwest US. Their job is simple: spread the SWELL, and share it all with you via photos, posts, updates and maybe even a sticker or two. Since we’re heading into the school year, we’d like you to get acquainted with all the local ambassadors.
Representing SWELL at UCLA…Shelby Yoshida!
* SWELL AMBASSADOR: Shelby Yoshida
* SCHOOL: UCLA
* HOMETOWN: Irvine, CA
* SIGN: Gemini
* APPLIED BECAUSE: I am drawn to the SWELL vibe and outlook—the perfect combination of fashion, Southern California relaxedness, and an active lifestyle. The SWELL College Ambassador program seems like the perfect way for me to better my organizational and entrepreneurial skills, while fostering close social ties with my school.
* AFTER GETTING THE JOB…I called my parents and my sisters to tell them the awesome news!
* FAVORITE TV SHOW: Dexter
* FAVORITE FOOD: Sushi
* FUNNY FACT: I am really good at impersonating Cameron from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off when he calls Principal Rooney. I’m pretty good at impersonations in general, actually.
* FAVORITE MOVIE: Pulp Fiction
* FAVORITE QUOTE: “I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.” – Kurt Vonnegut
* DREAM JOB: A behavioral economist, combining social psychology skills and business clout
* PSYCHED FOR: I am excited to organize, advertise, and put together SWELL-promoting events at UCLA where I can get people psyched on the brand. Being able to plan events and see them come to fruition is one of the most rewarding things to me.
* SHOUT-OUT…Big shout-out to my older sister Kylie Yoshida for encouraging me to apply for this position!
Thank you for visiting the Swell blog. Visit us on www.facebook.com/swell for more exclusive fan offers, giveaways and more.