SWELL is searching for a College Marketing Ambassador in the LA area! Attending college in the Los Angeles this Fall? Want to get paid for sharing your psych for SWELL on campus this Fall semester? Then read on…
APPLY TO BECOME A SWELL AMBASSADOR:
Position Objective:The SWELL College Marketing Ambassador will be outgoing and highly motivated upperclassmen tasked with planning, implementing and executing grassroots marketing campaigns in their campus and surrounding communities. The College Marketing Ambassador will work with campus organizations and local companies to expand SWELL’s brand profile while also providing point-of-view feedback that will influence future marketing campaigns and product mix.
- Expand the profile of the SWELL brand through on-campus events, promotions and giveaways
- Build relationships with tastemakers, bloggers, campus fashionistas, representatives of other companies and any well-connected students or groups
- Attend local surf, skate and lifestyle events to build a grassroots community of SWELL advocates
- Curate and maintain a shared SWELL blog featuring street style from your local campus community, surf-related items, relevant fashions and SWELL items
- Organize on-campus events in partnership with campus groups with the goal of building awareness of SWELL
- Provide trend-spotting feedback and direct fashion feedback from peers to help in future product mix
- Provide bi-monthly reports on activities, past, present and future, as well as pictures of any events or promotions and previously mentioned fashion feedback
- Attend bi-weekly conference calls prepared to discuss best practices and future events
- Must be a junior or senior
- Ability to commit to 15-20 hours of work per week
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Passion for action sports and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have access to a phone, email, internet and a digital camera
Compensation: SWELL Marketing Representatives will be compensated with an hourly wage paid bi-weekly. Students may also apply to receive internship credit through their major department. In addition to pay, students will receive gift certificates to SWELL to keep up with current fashions and to develop an understanding of the entire SWELL experience. The ambassador program will also be a great resume builder that will get their foot into the door of a competitive industry by working with a company that has deep roots and connections in the surf and action sports industry.
Please send a PDF version of your resume as well as one or two paragraphs telling us about yourself and why fashion, action sports and marketing are important to you.
Email to: email@example.com by Wednesday, August 28th.